Certification: Certified Human Factors Professional (CHFP)
The BCPE was established to provide a formal process for recognizing practitioners of human factors/ergonomics. Prior to this, human factors/ergonomics professionals could only be credentialed indirectly through various types of state licensures for some of the professional fields related to ergonomics.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).