Certification: Certified Irrigation Designer - Landscape (CID)
Certified irrigation designers establish specifications and design drawings for irrigation projects. <br>CIDs:<br>Evaluate site conditions and determine water availability and use requirements. <br>Select the most effective irrigation equipment, methods and materials for the application. <br>Develop efficient and cost-effective irrigation designs that meet the plant or crop's watering requirements. <br>Prepare comprehensive plans and specifications that include construction details, equipment or materials, as well as appropriate irrigation schedules. <br>Ensure the installation matches the design intent. <br>Provide direction to the end user on system use, scheduling and maintenance.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.