Certification: Fluid Power Electronic Controls Specialist (CFPS)
This certification is designed to review and test understanding, specification, and application of the full breadth of electronics used in the fluid power industry from simple sensors and limits to HMIs, controllers, and networks. It includes a brief review of applicable pneumatic and hydraulic principles, as well as in-depth examples of the electronics for both mobile and industrial fluid power equipment. The Electronic Controls Specialist certification requires a three (3) hour written test.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is third-party industry-endorsed.