Certification: Certified Golf Irrigation Auditor (CGIA)
Certified golf irrigation auditors are involved in the quantification of turf irrigation water use tailored to the unique conditions found on golf courses. CGIAs:<br>Collect site data. <br>Make maintenance recommendations and perform minor repairs. <br>Perform field measurements and observations. <br>Determine irrigation uniformity and efficiency. <br>Develop a basic irrigation schedule for greens, tees and fairways. <br>Work with a golf course superintendent to manage overall irrigation water usage and decisions.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.