Certification: Certified Clinical Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Social Worker (C-CATODSW)
MSW level social workers who's practice focuses on supporting those whose lives are affected by or potentially affected by alcohol, tobacco and other drugs (ATOD), utilizing the "person-in-environment" perspective are prime candidates for the Certified Clinical Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Social Worker (C-CATODSW) credential. Generalist social work training, which includes instruction in the macro skills of needs assessment, resource development, and interventions for affecting social change, provides a foundation for primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention targeted toward improving the lives of those affected by or potentially affected by ATOD
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Either training or work experience required, but not both?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.