Certification: Certified Substance Abuse Program Administrator (CCDAPP)
7220 SW Sylvan Ct., Portland, OR 97225
C-SAPAs are generalists who design, organize and administer services to promote drug-safe workplaces. These services are intended to improve health and productivity for all workers, decreasing accidents and the many costs associated with substance abuse. The C-SAPA must also assure that programs are operated in compliance with any state or federal regulations, as well as company policies. Other concerns of the C-SAPA, whether s/he is directly employed by the organization or retained to serve in this capacity, include assuring that the program adheres to generally accepted standards for administrative services, testing, training, medical review, confidentiality and business ethics.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.