Certification: Certified In Thanatology (CT)
Certification in Thanatology (CT) is a foundation certification that enhances the professional designation established by the academic discipline of each certificate holder. It recognizes the specific educational background in dying, death and bereavement. Thus, a counselor/therapist or educator is defined by his/her education and work experience. The certification will note the special educational training in the field.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.