Certification: Certified Radiographic Interpreter
The program, based upon requirements contained within AWS B5.15:2003, Specification for the Qualification of Radiographic Interpreters, is designed to provide evidence of the ability of individuals to properly assess welding-related indications produced on radiographic film and related media. <br>The new AWS Radiographic Interpreter program replaces the existing CSWIP-based program, while maintaining the high standards of performance contained within the previous program. Candidates seeking certification will be required to successfully pass three examinations, one on general knowledge, one on specific knowledge related to the required quality and acceptance criteria as contained in the most common code books, and a practical examination requiring interpretation of actual radiographs. An AWS-approved training program will be available that covers 40 hours of instruction.
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.
- This certification is third-party industry-endorsed.