Certification: Certified Welding Engineer
The AWS Certified Welding Engineer is for individuals who have demonstrated education, experience, and knowledge as defined by this information and who successfully passes the required examinations is considered qualified as an AWS Certified Welding Engineer ,CWEng). <br>The CWEng is capable of directing those operations associated with weldments and other types of joints that are completed in accordance with the appropriate contract documents, codes, and other standards to produce a satisfactory product. The welding engineer-s activities begins before production or construction welding and continues through the production process then ending when the production process is complete.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.
- This certification is third-party industry-endorsed.