Certification: RADAR Electronics Technician (RAD)
Radar electronics technicians are expected to obtain knowledge of radar basics and concepts, which are then applicable to all the various types of avionics, maritime and land radar systems. Radar Electronics Technicians must be knowledgeable and have abilities in the following technical and human relations areas: block diagrams and schematics, components, cabling and antennas, hand tools & soldering, mathematics, amplifiers, radar transceivers, interfacing, satellite, wireless, and data communications, computers and digital concepts, software-programming, troubleshooting, and people relations.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 4 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.