Certification: Facility Management Professional (FMP)
IFMA's (International Facility Management Association) FMP designation is a knowledge-based credential demonstrating a proven comprehension of the basics of facility management. A springboard for obtaining certification, the Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation can be completed in approximately 12 months, and FMP candidates may customize their training to build the specific knowledge they need to meet individual goals.<br>Training for the FMP is available through IFMA and approved providers (partner associations, community colleges, training companies) and a variety of learning formats (conferences, chapters, councils, on-site seminars, online courses and IFMA Recognized Programs). FM Business Workshop is the only course required to be taken through IFMA.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
To earn the FMP credential, individuals must pass all four FMP courses’ final assessments within the set time limit and submit their FMP application (with fee) to IFMA. You will receive an email with a link to your FMP application form after successfully passing the four FMP final assessments.
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).