Certification: Associate Certified Electronics Technician (CETa)
The Associate Level certification called the Associate Certified Electronics Technician. The Associate certification is designed for technicians who have less than two years experience or trade school training for electronics technicians. All Certified Electronics Technicians must pass the Associate exam before they can qualify to sit for the full Journeyman certification. Once a technician has completed the two year program they should also take a journeyman option. The Associate certification is only good for two years. After the two year period, a technician must take an option for the Journeyman certification - the Associate can not be renewed.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Either training or work experience required, but not both?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.