Certification: Video Security Systems Designer I
1420 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-2794
The program track includes a sequence of two levels of certification, related to the complexity of the systems being installed/serviced. NICET bases the content of the levels largely on a system classification scheme involving three system types A, B, and C. Certification at a particular level is achieved by demonstrating knowledge of and experience in the work associated with certain types of systems.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Either training or work experience required, but not both?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.