Certification: Certified Water Technologist (CWT)
The Certified Water Technologist (CWT) program represents the highest professional credential in the industrial and commercial water treatment field. It provides professional recognition for individuals involved in water treatment and technology to indicate to the general public, co-workers, employers and others that an individual has achieved a high level of experience, knowledge and education in the industry. The CWT designation assures that water professionals possess a core body of knowledge and have extensive professional experience in all aspects of water treatment.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Either training or work experience required, but not both?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.