Certification: Medical Exercise Program Director
3323 Watt Avenue #158, Sacramento, CA 95821
Health care institutions, health clubs, physical therapy clinics and medical practices are developing post-rehab and medically based fitness programs within their organizations at a tremendous rate. The Medical Exercise Program Director (MEPD) will possess the skills and knowledge to manage and develop these programs. This program is designed for the advanced fitness professional who has completed the Medical Exercise Specialist certification or has a degree in a health or fitness related field.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Either training or work experience required, but not both?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 1 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.