Certification: Certified Healthcare Security Officer (CHSO)
PO Box 637, Lombard, IL 60148
The Certified Healthcare Security Officer (CHSO) certification is the first part of the Association's three part progressive certification program. Some of the topics included in the Basic Training Manual are an introduction to healthcare security, fundamental security skills, the role of security in healthcare organizations, protective measures, healthcare safety and emergency management security.
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.