Certification: Biomedical Imaging Electronics Technician (BIET)
A Biomedical Imaging Electronics Technician should be familiar with the following topics: Anatomy, Medical Terminology, Computer, Electro/Mechanical Safety, Picture Archive Communication System, Diagnostic Ultrasound Equipment, Building Wiring, Basic Radiographic Equipment, Film Processing, Test Equipment, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Computed Tomography, Nuclear Medicine, Codes and Regulations, Troubleshooting, Radiation Safety, Radiation Physics, and Linear Accelerators.
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 4 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.