Certification: Registered Safety Director (WSO-RSD)
The WSO-RSD identifies an individual who directs the activities of safety and allied personnel in companies, corporations, organizations, division, directorates, branches and similar entities. It provides recognition of the individual responsible for the safety/health of workers employed by his/her company corporation. It also identifies the individual responsible for safe and environmentally sound operations of any projects in which his/her employer may be involved. The WSO-RSD is responsible for providing support and direction to individuals working for the company or corporation in safety, environmental or allied areas, i.e.: fire protection, environmental safety and health, occupational safety and health, HAZWOPER, transportation safety, construction safety, etc.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.