Certification: Multiple Sclerosis Certified Specialist (MSCS)
Certification is intended to promote quality and consistent care to those living with multiple sclerosis by: Recognizing the many specialists involved with MS care delivery Establishing a basic knowledge required for practice in the fields of MS Encouraging continuous learning so that those in MS care sustain a basic level of knowledge about the disease and its implications.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.