Certification: Direct Support Professional Certified-I (DSP-I)
This credential recognizes Direct Support Professionals who have demonstrated competence (measured and approved by the NADSP). This credential sets this group of DSPs apart from other DSPs in that they have demonstrated skills that typical entry level DSPs would not have acquired. The primary competence credential for direct support practice, the DSP-Certified credential is the core of our credentialing program. Regardless of specialization, every DSP approved as a DSP-Certified has demonstrated skills and knowledge that enable him or her to practice high quality direct support.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.