Certification: Direct Support Professional - Specialist - Inclusion (DSP)
The DSP-Specialist in Inclusion credential (DSP-S-I) recognizes competence in supporting the inclusion of people receiving support services in the communities in which they live and work. These specialists understand why inclusion is important and have demonstrated the skills to enhance inclusion of people receiving support services including: understanding their role in community inclusion, matching community resources with individual interests, building bridges within communities and utilizing natural supports.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.