Certification: Direct Support Professional Specialist - Health Support (DSP)
The DSP-Specialist in Health Support credential (DSP-S-HS) recognizes competence in supporting people utilizing community human services to make good choices related to their health. These healthy choices may include things such as eating healthy, visiting the doctor regularly, and getting the right amount of exercise. These specialists understand health-related issues across the life span for people with disabilities and can support individuals working with health care providers.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.