Certification: Accredited Case Manager (ACM)
Case management. The purpose of the ACM certification process is to promote professional practice standards for health/hospital delivery system and transitions of care case management professionals. The case manager credential will indicate successful completion of the certification examination in hospital and health system case management for both registered nurses and licensed social workers.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 4 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is considered in demand.