Certification: Masters Drug Alcohol Addiction Counselor (MDAAC)
The MDAAC - is a Masters level certificate that requires a Masters Degree in an Addiction counseling or related professional field and the completion of a Master level project. Requirements for this certificate are: An active CSAC I certificate, an active State Certificate from any certification organization recognized through the Department of Health Care Services a Masters Degree in AOD Counseling or a related field and a written project that contributes to the body of literature that speaks to TAP 21 counselor competencies from a biblical perspective.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).