Certification: Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET)
The AET certification identifies the core knowledge of an Aircraft Electronics/Avionics technician that is common across the industry. This includes the military, air carrier, air cargo, repair stations, fixed-based operators, corporate flight departments, and manufacturers.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.