Certification: Certified Patient Safety Officer (CPSO)
173 Tucker Road, Suite 202, Helena, Alabama 35080
The CPSO exam addresses real world topics across the spectrum of patient safety issues including culture, communication, clinical issues, patient safety history, patient care challenges, organizational risks, process improvement, reliability concepts, leadership, environmental safety, emergency management, environment of care issues, occupational safety impacting patient care, pandemics, and personal protective equipment.
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.