Certification: Certified Medical Compliance Officer (CMCO)
The Certified Medical Compliance Officer (CMCO) credential signifies targeted expertise in the implementation and management of a compliance program for small to medium-sized medical offices, third-party billing companies, DME companies, hospices and home health agencies. These experts understand the importance of compliance and possess the tactical skills to implement a customized program designed to fit their organization. CMCO-credentialed professionals know how to evaluate and fix problems to keep the facility compliant with current standards.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 1 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.