Certification: Video Security Systems Technician II
1420 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-2794
The program track includes a sequence of four levels of certification, based on the complexity of the systems being installed/serviced. NICET bases the content of the levels largely on a system classification scheme involving three system types - "A", "B", and "C". Certification at a particular level is achieved by demonstrating knowledge of and experience in the work associated with certain types of systems.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.