Storage & Distribution Managers
Also called: Distribution Center Manager, Distribution Manager, Terminal Manager, Warehouse Manager
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate the storage or distribution operations within an organization or the activities of organizations that are engaged in storing or distributing materials or products.
On the job, you would:
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- making spending decisions and keeping track of what is spent
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software
- Catalyst International CatalystConnect
- IBM i2 Transportation Manager
Inventory management software
- Aljex Inventory
- Iptor Supply Chain
Analytical or scientific software
- Integrated Decision Support Netwise Enterprise
- Integrated Decision Support Netwise Frontline
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
- Appraisers, Real Estate
- Buyers & Purchasing Agents, Farm Products
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades & Extraction Workers
- Supply Chain Managers
- Transportation Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries: