Training & Development Managers
Education and Development Manager, Education Director, Training Director, Training Manager
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate the training and development activities and staff of an organization.
On the job, you would:
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Math and Science
- using the best training or teaching strategies for learning new things
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- teaching people how to do something
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- come up with lots of ideas
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Caliban Mindwear HyperGASP
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Computer based training software
- Common Curriculum
Web page creation and editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- SAFARI Video Networks eZediaQTI
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Education & Childcare Administrators, Preschool & Daycare
- Instructional Coordinators
- Management Analysts
- Social & Community Service Managers
- Training & Development Specialists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about training and development managers.