Concrete Foreman, Construction Area Manager, Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. Includes managers in specialized construction fields, such as carpentry or plumbing.
On the job, you would:
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative staff, workers, or clients.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- product and service development
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- managing your time and the time of other people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- notice when problems happen
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Yardi software
Cloud-based data access and sharing software
- Microsoft SharePoint
Project management software
- HCSS HeavyJob
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Civil Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Civil Engineers
- Construction & Building Inspectors
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades & Extraction Workers
- Solar Energy Installation Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about construction managers.