Also called: Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent, General Contractor, Project Manager
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. Includes managers in specialized construction fields, such as carpentry or plumbing.
On the job, you would:
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- managing your time and the time of other people
- selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Project management software
Document management software
- Axios Systems assyst
- Daily Manager
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.