Biofuels/Biodiesel Technology & Product Development Managers
Analytical Research Program Manager, Biodiesel Division Manager, Laboratory Manager (Lab Manager), Project Development Director
What they do:Define, plan, or execute biofuels/biodiesel research programs that evaluate alternative feedstock and process technologies with near-term commercial potential.
On the job, you would:
- Design or conduct applied biodiesel or biofuels research projects on topics, such as transport, thermodynamics, mixing, filtration, distillation, fermentation, extraction, and separation.
- Analyze data from biofuels studies, such as fluid dynamics, water treatments, or solvent extraction and recovery processes.
- Prepare, or oversee the preparation of, experimental plans for biofuels research or development.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- computers and electronics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Object or component oriented development software
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAP software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Biofuels Production Managers
- Biomass Power Plant Managers
- Chemical Engineers
- Geothermal Production Managers
- Manufacturing Engineers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about biofuels/biodiesel technology and product development managers.