Health & Safety Engineers
Product Safety Engineer, Safety and Health Consultant, Safety Engineer, System Safety Engineer
What they do:Promote worksite or product safety by applying knowledge of industrial processes, mechanics, chemistry, psychology, and industrial health and safety laws. Includes industrial product safety engineers.
On the job, you would:
- Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
- Conduct research to evaluate safety levels for products.
- Evaluate product designs for safety.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- customer service
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Computational fluid dynamics CFD software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Material safety data sheet MSDS software
- Safety, health, and environmental management software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Environmental Scientists & Specialists, Including Health
- Occupational Health & Safety Specialists
- Occupational Health & Safety Technicians
- Security Management Specialists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about health and safety engineers.