Calibration Technologists & Technicians
What they do:Execute or adapt procedures and techniques for calibrating measurement devices, by applying knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, and electronics, sometimes under the direction of engineering staff. Determine measurement standard suitability for calibrating measurement devices. May perform preventive maintenance on equipment. May perform corrective actions to address identified calibration problems.
On the job, you would:
- Analyze test data to identify defects or determine calibration requirements.
- Attend conferences, workshops, or other training sessions to learn about new tools or methods.
- Calibrate devices by comparing measurements of pressure, temperature, humidity, or other environmental conditions to known standards.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Bentley MicroStation
Operating system software
- Apple macOS
Development environment software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Aerospace Engineering & Operations Technologists & Technicians
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Electrical & Electronics Repairers, Commercial & Industrial Equipment
- Mechanical Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Robotics Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about calibration technologists and technicians.