Molecular & Cellular Biologists
Molecular Biologist, Research Scientist
What they do:Research and study cellular molecules and organelles to understand cell function and organization.
On the job, you would:
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and data.
- Design molecular or cellular laboratory experiments, oversee their execution, and interpret results.
- Write grant applications to obtain funding.
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- using scientific rules and strategies to solve problems
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- group things in different ways
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Corel CorelDraw Graphics Suite
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
post-doctoral training or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Biochemists & Biophysicists
- Bioinformatics Scientists
- Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Medical & Clinical Laboratory Technologists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about molecular and cellular biologists.