Clinical Nurse Specialists
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, Emergency Clinical Nurse Specialist, ICU Clinical Nurse Specialist (Intensive Care Unit Clinical Nurse Specialist)
What they do:Direct nursing staff in the provision of patient care in a clinical practice setting, such as a hospital, hospice, clinic, or home. Ensure adherence to established clinical policies, protocols, regulations, and standards.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice or organizational systems.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals and service providers to ensure optimal patient care.
- Develop and maintain departmental policies, procedures, objectives, or patient care standards, based on evidence-based practice guidelines or expert opinion.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- looking for ways to help people
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- eClinicalWorks EHR software
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Acute Care Nurses
- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
- Critical Care Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about clinical nurse specialists.