Dental Hygienist, Hygienist, Licensed Dental Hygienist, Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH)
- Record and review patient medical histories.
- Feel and visually examine gums for sores and signs of disease.
- Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
- medicine and dentistry
- customer service
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Dental office management software
- Henry Schein Dentrix
Electronic mail software
- Email software
Get started on your career: