Landscaping & Groundskeeping Workers
Grounds Maintenance Worker, Grounds Worker, Groundskeeper, Outside Maintenance Worker
- Gather and remove litter.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Operate vehicles or powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, sod cutters, or pruning saws.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Math and Science
- talking to others
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- IBM Notes
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
- Farmworkers & Laborers, Crop, Nursery, & Greenhouse
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, & Groundskeeping Workers
- Janitors & Cleaners
- Pesticide Handlers, Sprayers, & Applicators, Vegetation
- Tree Trimmers & Pruners
You might like a career in one of these industries: