Landscaping & Groundskeeping Workers
Also called: Grounds Maintenance Worker, Grounds Worker, Groundskeeper, Outside Maintenance Worker
- Gather and remove litter.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Operate vehicles or powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, or pruning saws.
- English language
- customer service
- talking to others
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Office
Examples of Registered Apprenticeship programs include:
- Greenskeeper II
- Landscape Gardener
- Landscape Management Technician
- Landscape Technician