Also called: Shampoo Assistant, Shampoo Technician, Shampooer, Stylist Assistant
What they do:Shampoo and rinse customers' hair.
On the job, you would:
- Massage, shampoo, and condition patron's hair and scalp to clean them and remove excess oil.
- Advise patrons with chronic or potentially contagious scalp conditions to seek medical treatment.
- Treat scalp conditions and hair loss, using specialized lotions, shampoos, or equipment such as infrared lamps or vibrating equipment.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
Internet browser software
- Web browser software
Data base user interface and query software