Rail-Track Laying & Maintenance Equipment Operators
Track Inspector, Track Laborer, Track Maintainer, Track Repairer
- Patrol assigned track sections so that damaged or broken track can be located and reported.
- Repair or adjust track switches, using wrenches and replacement parts.
- Weld sections of track together, such as switch points and frogs.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- imagine how something will look after it is moved around or changed
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
Time accounting software
- Timekeeping software
Get started on your career: