Also called: Cutter, Paver, Paver Installer, Paving Stone Installer
What they do:Lay out, cut, and place segmental paving units. Includes installers of bedding and restraining materials for the paving units.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare base for installation by removing unstable or unsuitable materials, compacting and grading the soil, draining or stabilizing weak or saturated soils and taking measures to prevent water penetration and migration of bedding sand.
- Supply and place base materials, edge restraints, bedding sand and jointing sand.
- Discuss the design with the client.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Decorative Software Online Visualizers
- Depiction Software Deco-Con
- Depiction Software Hardscape Imaging
- UNI-GROUP Lockpave Pro
Internet browser software
- Web browser software