Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers & Repairers
Also called: Electronic Technician, Field Service Technician, Home Theater Installer, Satellite Installer
What they do:Repair, adjust, or install audio or television receivers, stereo systems, camcorders, video systems, or other electronic home entertainment equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Disassemble entertainment equipment and repair or replace loose, worn, or defective components and wiring, using hand tools and soldering irons.
- Install, service, and repair electronic equipment or instruments such as televisions, radios, and videocassette recorders.
- Calibrate and test equipment, and locate circuit and component faults, using hand and power tools and measuring and testing instruments such as resistance meters and oscilloscopes.
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- hold or move items with your hands
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Mobile location based services software
- Global Positioning System GPS software
Word processing software