Also called: Bicycle Mechanic, Bicycle Service Technician, Bicycle Technician, Bike Mechanic
What they do:Repair and service bicycles.
On the job, you would:
- Install and adjust brakes and brake pads.
- Help customers select bicycles that fit their body sizes and intended bicycle uses.
- Align wheels.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- hold or move items with your hands
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Pedal Powered Software Bicycle Repair Man
- Repair Traq
Electronic mail software