Recreational Vehicle Service Technicians
Master Certified RV Technician (Master Certified Recreational Vehicle Technician), RV Repair Technician (Recreational Vehicle Repair Technician), RV Service Technician (Recreational Vehicle Service Technician), RV Technician (Recreational Vehicle Technician)
What they do:
Diagnose, inspect, adjust, repair, or overhaul recreational vehicles including travel trailers. May specialize in maintaining gas, electrical, hydraulic, plumbing, or chassis/towing systems as well as repairing generators, appliances, and interior components. Includes workers who perform customized van conversions.
On the job, you would:
- Explain proper operation of vehicle systems to customers.
- Locate and repair frayed wiring, broken connections, or incorrect wiring, using ohmmeters, soldering irons, tape, or hand tools.
- Repair plumbing or propane gas lines, using caulking compounds and plastic or copper pipe.
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- put together small parts with your fingers
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- RV Damage Repair Estimator
- Topline Software Solutions Topline Service Manager
Electronic mail software