Heating & Air Conditioning Mechanics & Installers
HVAC Mechanic (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Mechanic); HVAC Service Technician (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Service Technician); HVAC Technician (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Technician); Service Technician
What they do:
Install, service, or repair heating and air conditioning systems in residences or commercial establishments.
On the job, you would:
- Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Test electrical circuits or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- figuring out what is causing equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs to not work
- installing equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- hold or move items with your hands
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Atlas Construction Business Forms
- Microsoft Word
Data base user interface and query software
- Data logging software
- Database software