Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
Also called: Cutter, Cutter Operator, Fabric Cutter, Spreader
What they do:Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut textiles.
On the job, you would:
- Inspect products to ensure that the quality standards and specifications are met.
- Place patterns on top of layers of fabric and cut fabric following patterns, using electric or manual knives, cutters, or computer numerically controlled cutting devices.
- Start machines, monitor operations, and make adjustments as needed.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators & Tenders
- Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, & Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Laborers & Freight, Stock, & Material Movers, Hand
- Machine Feeders & Offbearers
- Mine Cutting & Channeling Machine Operators
You might like a career in one of these industries: