Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Wood
Resaw Operator, Rip Saw Operator, Saw Operator, Sawyer
What they do:
Set up, operate, or tend wood sawing machines. May operate CNC equipment. Includes lead sawyers.
On the job, you would:
- Inspect and measure workpieces to mark for cuts and to verify the accuracy of cuts, using rulers, squares, or caliper rules.
- Adjust saw blades, using wrenches and rulers, or by turning handwheels or pressing pedals, levers, or panel buttons.
- Mount and bolt sawing blades or attachments to machine shafts.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- change when and how fast you move based on how something else is moving
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
Word processing software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Coating, Painting, & Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Extruding, Forming, Pressing, & Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Forging Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Helpers--Production Workers
- Packaging & Filling Machine Operators & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: