Biofuels Processing Technicians
Also called: Biofuels Processing Technician, Ethanol Operator, Operator, Process Operator
What they do:Calculate, measure, load, mix, and process refined feedstock with additives in fermentation or reaction process vessels and monitor production process. Perform, and keep records of, plant maintenance, repairs, and safety inspections.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor batch, continuous flow, or hybrid biofuels production processes.
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust biofuels production.
- Monitor and record biofuels processing data.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- reading work related information
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Industrial control software
- Digital control systems DCS
- Human machine interface HMI software
Facilities management software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.